Applications close Ma Read more [...]
Organisations Category: Networks & Events
WeDO Scotland is a support and collaboration organisation for entrepreneurs with in excess of 160 members including some of Scotland’s leading and emerging entrepreneurs. With an ethos of sharing knowledge, ideas and experiences, we support our members by facilitating introductions, giving guidance and help to facilitate business growth and organising relevant topic-based events.
Our view, and that of our members, is that by working together with like-minded individuals, we can build long-term and trusted relationships. This is done in an environment driven by the desire to succeed whilst helping Scottish entrepreneurs to grow their businesses and thereby encouraging the entrepreneurial culture, innovation and success of our country.
Our Young Members Club for those aged 35 & under, brings together our young members with those who have more experience to support them and share best practice in an informal mentoring environment.
- Members from a wide variety of industry sectors ranging from new start businesses with high growth potential to turnover of £75 million.
- Over 435 members in our LinkedIn group enabling members to share news and participate in discussions.
- Members ages range from 22 to 67.
- 40% of our members are female.
- Host 38 events in Scotland for entrepreneurs per annum including our flagship events – Annual Conference & Annual Awards Ceremony & Dinner.
- Annual Global Entrepreneurship Week partner promoting entrepreneurialism around the world & awarded High Impact Host 2014.
- Outstanding network of Scottish entrepreneurs and speakers.
- Contributors to Centre for Cities Small Business Outlook 2014 research report.
- In excess of 3,990 followers on Twitter whilst only following 307, average weekly reach of 350,000.
- 70% above average engagement on our Facebook page with an average weekly reach of 4,300.
- Mobile App launched in November 2013 on iTunes & Google play stores, the first of its kind for any entrepreneurial support and collaboration organisation in Scotland.
- Hosted the first collaborative event with Scottish Development International and Santander to promote best practise for, and share expertise with international Scottish businesses in January 2015.
- Annual Awards Ceremony & Dinner recognising the success of our members businesses in 5 categories. Annual Lifetime Achievement Award presented at our Conference to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the entrepreneurial community in Scotland over a period of a minimum of 15 years.