Applications close Ma Read more [...]
Organisations Category: Networks & Events
The Saltire Foundation is looking for Entrepreneurial Scotland Members to host some terrific Saltire Scholar Interns for 8-12 weeks in summer 2015.
The Saltire Foundation exists to find, fuel and spark the emerging generation of business leaders for Scotland. The Undergraduate Internship Programme works with all Scottish universities to recruit Scotland’s best and brightest penultimate year students, with huge potential for world-class internship opportunities. For those successful in gaining an internship, working in a new environment and learning from the best is a truly life changing experience.
Mark Bamforth has hosted 8 Saltire Scholar Interns in the USA since 2011. He says: “The Saltire Scholars have brought their curiosity and energy to projects at Gallus BioPharmaceuticals in diverse roles ranging from marketing to HR to technical development. Each Scholar leaves behind a piece of themselves that represents the talent and warmth of Scottish students and takes home a deeper appreciation for new cultures and work experiences that will shape their lives.”
Benefits of hosting include:
· Access a terrific pool of top talent from Scotland’s 16 world-class universities
· Interns bring energy, fresh ideas and value to your business
· Receive a shortlist of first class candidates matched to your opportunity
· Saltire provides full logistical support for international intern/s including flights, accommodation, visas and insurance
· Strong pipeline of talent for graduate roles
· Support the Saltire Foundation in creating a more vibrant, dynamic Scottish economy
Now: Confirm if you are able to host Scholar Interns in your business
28 Feb: Deadline for international internship descriptions
31 Mar: Deadline for home internship descriptions
* You will receive a candidate shortlist within 3 weeks of submitting your internship description to interview*
15 Jun: Internships begin for 8-12 weeks
As an independent charity, the Saltire Foundation asks host companies for a financial contribution in order for the programme to be sustainable. Host companies select their contribution level:
1. International Corporate Partner – £5,000 per intern, covering the entire cost of the internship.
2. International Host Company – £400 per week per intern (£3,200 per intern for 8 week internship)
3. Scotland Host Company – Pay intern directly at the living wage or above