Applications close Ma Read more [...]
Organisations Category: Programmes & Courses
A non-profit organisation dedicated to the advancement of sports businesses in Scotland, Sporting Chance Initiative (SCI) helps companies find their competitive edge.
Our definition of ‘sport’ encompasses a wide range of activities including competitive sport, fitness, fun physical activities, and outdoor pursuits.
Who We Work With
SCI’s primary focus is helping SMEs grow in order to generate new jobs and increase economic value. We also work with a range of other organisations such as universities, community groups and sports governing bodies which are part of the wider business ecosystem. Our relationships with them form the basis for a stronger, more connected sports industry in Scotland
How We Can Help Your Sports Business
Sporting Chance Initiative offers a range of free-to-access services and initiatives which cover businesses at all stages:
- Free Business therapy & matchmaking
SCI business therapy sessions help companies find the best advice, expertise, funding and partnerships to reach their goal.
- Free Bespoke Market Research
Specialising in sports industry market research and statistics to help Scottish sports businesses access funding and plan for growth.
The Sports Innovation Challenge and LoveYourIdea competitions are aimed at students and recent graduates to encourage the development of new sports businesses and business ideas.
The annual Sports Business Innovation Awards showcase Scottish innovation in the sports sector.
- SCI has helped nearly 700 Scottish companies develop sports products and services, helping to create 560 jobs, and generating a £10m predicted increased turnover.
- Overall, £3.86 returned to the economy for every £1 spent.
- 80% of entrants to the Sports Innovation Challenge had never entered another entrepreneurship competition or engaged with another enterprise organisation.
- The coverage of our awards had a potential global reach of over 1 million people.